On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:32, Mike Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have the 6.4a firmware on the DirecTiVos. Is there a (fairly easy) way I
> can either enable the USB port and use a WiFi adapter, or make a change to
> the dial string used so that Vonage can handle it? I'm fine telnetting in
> over the serial port and running UNIX/Linux commands infrequently, but I
> really don't want to be rebuilding kernels every time DirecTV pushes a
> firmware update.
>

Unfortunately I'm not that fluent in the DirecTiVo world, not having
DirecTV.  I think you have to load modded software to enable USB networking
on those units, so it isn't something trivial to do.  However, I think it
may be possible to get it working with Vonage.  I'd check TiVoCommunity.com
and search for threads on Vonage in the DirecTiVo forum there.  I vaguely
recall that there is some string to force a slower connection, or something
like that.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to