No.  Comcast is moving all channels above 13 to digital only so if you do
not have a digital box you will only get channels 1-13.  They are offering
people DTA (Digital Tuning Adapters) that they can put on other TVs but it
basically means you must have a cable box to get anything above 13.  Comcast
to my knowledge hasnt really done much with SDV yet. There are codes for a
Series 2 to use the DTA but you are down to one tuner if it is a S2DT which
is why in my case I used it as a reason to move to the Tivo HD.  I find the
cablecards easier then dealing with a cable box since I am going to do my
tuning from TiVo anyway.
--
Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
AIM: kd4aej                                     Twitter: Krandor1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield


On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is this one of those Swithed Digital Video deals where it requires two way
> communication from the box back to the mothership at Comcast so you actually
> get the channel ?  I think you're ok with either a cable box, or with an
> adapter of some sort for S3/HD boxes, but I really haven't heard much about
> the units actually being installed much.
>  Glen
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Brian Hartsfield <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 8:46:07 AM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Comcast World of More
>
> They don't want people to be suprised.  A lot of people have an extra TV
> out
> on the porch or something that they just have a cable running to without a
> box.  In my case when that happened to me I still had a series 2 DT that
> was
> hooked up analog and used it as an excuse to upgrade to the TiVo HD.
>
> They know  you have a cable box but they don't know if you have any other
> TVs that might not have cable boxes on them.
>
> --
> Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
> AIM: kd4aej                                    Twitter: Krandor1
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
> Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM, tomsalwasser <[email protected]
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks Brian. I already have a cable box so I should be good to go.
> Comcast
> > is really pushing these additional boxes with ominous and incomplete
> > warnings. They already know I have a cable box but I still get messages
> > saying I'm going to lose access to channels 24-70 unless I take action
> now.
> > Like I need another box to plug in and another remote to manage.
> >
> > --- In [email protected], Brian Hartsfield <b...@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Without a cable box you will only get the very first few channels
> (1-13).
> > > Any others will need a DTA or a cable box from Comcast.
> > > --
> > > Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
> > > AIM: kd4aej                                    Twitter: Krandor1
> > > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
> > > Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield
> > >
> > >
> > > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM, tomsalwasser <tomsalwas...@...>wrote:
> > >
> > > > Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm confused by the Comcast
> World
> > of
> > > > More notices I'm receiving. I'm told I now need additional hardware
> or
> > I
> > > > will lose some channels. Upon reading further I think I'm not
> affected
> > > > because I already have a cable box. Only people without a cable box
> of
> > any
> > > > kind are affected. If anyone can explain what's going on in plain
> > English,
> > > > I'm all ears! Thanks.
> > > >
> > > > Tom
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to