On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 03:20, Steven <[email protected]> wrote: > > Anyway, I got it home thinking that maybe a new environment would solve the > problem if it was indeed interference from another device. The problem is > that it didn't fix the problem at all. I have tried both peanut remotes as > well as my Harmony remote that I use for my other Tivo. So far none of them > are working, (the peanut worked when I tried it a couple hours earlier at > the home of the previous owner) > > According to the previous owners the remote would work about 70% of the > time and not work 30% and they couldn't figure out any pattern or reason for > why it would decide to work or not work. >
Could just be a bad IR receiver in that box. I'm surprised they didn't contact support when it was still under warranty to address it, now it is too late without paying. What color is the front panel display? The very first S3s were green (seen in some promo images), but the first batch most had were, IIRC, yellow-orange - kind of closer to a yellow/amber color. Then they got a new display which was more orange looking. The earlier units had some issues with plasma displays - do you have one? http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/26/tivo-series3-plasma-tv-big-problems/ -- [email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
