Guilherme Polo wrote:
2008/6/7 Guilherme Polo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
2008/6/7 Gerard flanagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Guilherme Polo wrote:
Hello,

Over the last weeks I've been doing a ttk wrapper as part of my GSoC
project and now I feel that I can announce it in hope some people
start using it.

What is Ttk ?

 This wrapper provides classes to allow using the Tk themed widget
set, which has been included in Tk 8.5 but can be used with earlier
versions if you have Tile installed. Ttk is based on a revised and
enhanced version of TIP #48 (http://tip.tcl.tk/48) specified style
engine.

[...]
 Also, there is a site with some info regarding this project at:
http://gpolo.ath.cx:81/projects/ttk_to_tkinter/

just a suggestion - how about some screenshots?

I just created a new project at code.google.com to host it,
http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/ or the direct link for some
screenshots: http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/wiki/Screenshots

Looks good, thanks.

But, a problem:

The only experience I have with Tkinter is via easygui

http://www.ferg.org/easygui

(which has its limitations, but i've found it invaluable for creating simple
'wizard' style interfaces for various configuration tasks.)

So, (on xubuntu Hardy) I did:

apt-get tk-tile
svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc ttk-trunk
updated PYTHONPATH
no problem with `import ttk`
as per the docs, edited easygui.py to include `from ttk import *`
below the line `from Tkinter import *`
but app fails immediately with the following traceback

  File "lib/_h2hdeploygui.py", line 374, in main
    choice = choicebox(MAIN_MSG, MAIN_MSG, MAIN.keys())
  File "lib/itsalib/util/easygui.py", line 611, in choicebox
    return __choicebox(message, title, choices)
  File "lib/itsalib/util/easygui.py", line 745, in __choicebox
okButton = Button(buttonsFrame, takefocus=YES, text="OK", height=1, width=6) File "/home/gerard/current/ttk-trunk/src/2.x/ttk.py", line 559, in __init__
    Widget.__init__(self, master, "ttk::button", kw)
File "/home/gerard/current/ttk-trunk/src/2.x/ttk.py", line 505, in __init__
    Tkinter.Widget.__init__(self, master, widgetname, kw=kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1933, in __init__
    (widgetName, self._w) + extra + self._options(cnf))
TclError: unknown option "-height"

I noticed that there was a more recent easygui.py (73), but the same
result - app works without the ttk import, doesn't work with.

Fixable?

Gerard

Let me see if I can take some good shots ;)
I don't have real applications using the widgets, just some small samples.

(that was a short summer ;-)
Heh, I have some other tasks to conclude. I'm working on adding some
support classes now, so it would be good (and would help me too) if
people from the list suggested something. Right now there are just two
extension classes, OptionMenu (which Tkinter has too) and LabeledScale
to compensate for the huge difference between Tkinter.Scale and
ttk.Scale.

Thanks,

Gerard

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves