I've been using Python 2.7.2 with Tkinter.Tcl version 8.5.11, which I installed
using the instructions here.  Recently I did another installation using the
instructions here in order to get SciPy to build correctly. The newer
installation also shows as Python 2.7.2 and Tkinter.Tcl 8.5.11, but the same
code does not work on both installs. I am on a Mac running OS X 10.7.2.

On the earlier install, LabelFrame() keywords "bd" and "font" are recognized,
while on the second install they are not. I can use "borderwidth" instead of
"bd" on the second install.

Also on the earlier install, LabelFrame(text="mylabel") displays the text
imbedded in the frame. On the second install, the text is displayed outside of
the frame. From the description here under the heading "Label Frames", I see
that is the expected behavior, but it is different on the earlier install.

The biggest problem is not being able to use named fonts on the second install,
but the differences in how LabelFrame works also causes some platform-specific
issues.

On both builds, Tkinter.__version__ returns $Revision$.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

-Lynn