On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:29:41 +0530
Srinivas Rao <srinivas.ram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello sir, i changed my code from text widget to label widget. But i am
> facing a small issue here. I could not delete the previous content from
> the window. I know how to delete and insert with text widget, but i
> don't know how to acheive this using label widget. please help me .
>
> thank you

Hi Srinivas,

if you need further assistance with Tkinter, please send no more personal
messages to me but write to the tkinter-discuss list instead, as you did
initially, so others too can benefit from the answers by reading the list
archives. There is also a benefit for you, because the list is read by
other, presumably more capable Tkinter experts than me. Writing to the
list does not mean additional delay for you - each time my mail client
checks for new mail, it receives anything sent to the list also ;)
Thank you.

As for your question:
did you have a look at the online Tkinter reference books to which I sent
you links in a previous message? I guess you did not, because you would
have easily found e.g. at http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/label.htm that
with a label widget you do not "delete" the old text, but simply replace
the old text string with a new one by doing

    label.configure(text='newtext')

resp. update the value of an associated textvariable.

Frankly speaking, I and anyone else at tkinter-discuss are always glad if
we can help, but a little more efforts from your side on solving a
particular problem before asking us would be greatly appreciated.
Please keep in mind that we all are volunteers who do this in our spare
time.

Thank you again for your understanding and best regards

Michael

        "What terrible way to die."
        "There are no good ways."
                -- Sulu and Kirk, "That Which Survives", stardate unknown