Hi,

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 12:54:20 -0700
Nam Nguyen via Tkinter-discuss <tkinter-discuss@python.org> wrote:

> This is where my confusion comes from, actually ;). Python is single
> threaded (from the OS point of view). When I create the TCL
> interpreter, it is also created in the same thread that runs the Python
> interpreter. So regardless of how many Python threads (threading
> module), they all should belong to this same OS thread, should they not?

I am not an expert on this, but I don't think so. At least here when I
run a Tkinter app using threads (on linux) I see three threads in top,
each with a different pid.
And I am quite sure that I have seen strange things happen, iirc seemingly
unpredictable, when the rule of thumb "run Tk only from the main thread
and don't touch it from any child thread" was not observed. Some times
such code *seemed* to work though, which I believe makes it even more
dangerous, since it seems you can never know what (and when) will hit you.
So my recommendation is to just either stick with that "rule of thumb" or
else try the aforementioned thread-safe tkinter version.

Best regards

Michael

On my planet, to rest is to rest -- to cease using energy.  To me, it
is quite illogical to run up and down on green grass, using energy,
instead of saving it.
                -- Spock, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.2