Hi Vasilis,

I've done this successfully. Bind an event handler to the KeyPress event of the
text. Check the tags and if they are inside immutable text and the key is
something that would change the text the return 'break' which will stop the
processing of the key.

Cheers

Cam Farnell

On 2018-10-26 12:12 p.m., Vasilis Vlachoudis wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Text() widget and I want to display some values tab formatted.
The values should be prefixed  with a text-label which is immutable by the user
something like

   label: value            label: value

the user should be able to edit the values but not the labels.
I know that I can insert the label as a window create_window(Label())
but for very big files it becomes extremely slow

If I tag the labels, can I forbid the Text widget to disallow the text editing
over this specific tag?

Thanks in advance
Vasilis