I have a Tkinter application on MacOS (Monterey) and wanted to run it
from the desktop. I built a workflow in automator that simply ran the
bash commandline to launch python and my app. I saved the workflow to
the desktop.

When I click it my app starts OK but the UI is all in black apart
from the buttons and scrollbars. Everything works ok (buttons,
menus etc) except I can't see anything on the GUI because of the black.

Does anyone know
a) What's causing this behaviour? and
b) How to fix it?!

I should add that if I run it from a terminal everything works
just fine. It's only when run as an automator workflow that this
happens.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site