Hi Marcin,

On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 11:00:51AM +0000, Marcin SP6MI wrote:

> I've got two additional question regarding astyle. Why tabs not spaces?

I don't know... Perhaps... just... because :)

> And why line lenght is set to 80 characters, even when all modern editors
> (even vim and emacs) supports and displays more characters in single line and
> eventually they can wrap lines? Switching to 120 or something around could
> simplify some if conditions and make them in one line :)

as I know Zoltan uses vim (and as I remember he uses 80x25
terminal - but he will fix me :)), but it's just one example.

The format was created by Thomas, and before that there was
some discussion about that:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2018-01/msg00006.html

Btw: you can use your own astylerc, but don't forget to reformat
the modified files before you commit them. Perhaps you should
take a look to git hooks (man 5 githooks).

> Just asking and thinking.

feel free to send a PR, and devs will decide your ideas can be
approved or not. :)

73, Ervin