On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 07:23:34 pm Nico Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 07:07:31PM -0400, Dave Garrett wrote:
> > This appears to just be a miscommunication.
>
> It is not.
>
> > The current poll is to remove anon ciphers in favor of raw public
> > keys. We're not considering removing raw public keys, as far as I
> > know, and I think most of us would be against that.
>
> Once more, with feeling.  I would oppose the current proposal if there
> was to be a follow-on proposal to remove raw public keys, which I
> wouldn't have even though plausible but for Brian's intimating that he'd
> be fine with removing raw public keys.  Otherwise I would be neutral as
> to removing anon ciphersuites.
>
> I would also be neutral as to removing raw public keys if anon
> ciphersuites are to remain.
>
> Whichever one is removed, I shall oppose the removal of the other.
>
> I.e., these two features are interrelated.  It is difficult to consider
> the removal of one without considering the possible removal of the
> other.
>
> I leave it at that.

Yes, I agree with this, and I'm saying that I think that we're all on the same
page here. Brian made a point to explicitly not endorse raw keys, but looking
back through the messages today, I don't see anyone actually propose removing
them. Thus, I said this is likely to be a miscommunication. That's all.

Dave