On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:12:45AM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 30/09/15 11:06, Matt Caswell wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have a question on how to interpret RFC 5246 with regards to the
> > interleaving of app data and handshake records.
>
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any views on the below?

Well, my interpretation (can be totally off-base) is that application
data can be interleaved with renegotiation, except between
ChangeCipherSpec and Finished, which always appear back to back.

My reading of that buffering thing was that in some conditions the
receiver needs to buffer as it is receiving traffic it hasn't computed
the decryption keys for (as the DH/key derivation is in progress).

-Ilari