> On 12 Jan 2016, at 9:26 PM, Simon Josefsson <si...@josefsson.org> wrote:
>
> The same concern still applies: what does it mean to allocate code
> point for the 4492bis-05 description?

Allocating code points just means an implementation of draft-05 is likely to
interoperate just fine with an implementation of the final RFC.

Of course nothing is ever final until the RFC is out, so there’s always a risk
involved, but it is considered prudent to allocate numbers when we’re
reasonably certain of the calculations and on-the-wire formats. Any debate
about whether we should or should not check certain inputs for certain
conditions need not be a bar for allocating numbers.

Yoav