Hi Uri,

* Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL <u...@ll.mit.edu> [06/04/2016 20:37:35] wrote:
> I seem to recall that Ted Krovetz some time ago submitted a draft (to
> CFRG?) defining OCB: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krovetz-ocb-04 .
> Perhaps these two should be brought to sync, since the nonce construction
> changes?

I'm not sure this is necessary as my draft is specific to the TLS
nonce construction and there's no need to update the primitive
itself. As far as I can tell this nonce construction doesn't conflict
with the RFC defining the primitive. I've switched to this new nonce
construction since it effectively prevents implementers from
re-using the same nonce as it would make implementations
non-interoperable, which I feel is a good thing. It's also similar
to how TLS 1.3 will form a nonce.

HTH,
Aaron