Folks,

As promised, I've written a PR that describes the new negotiation
syntax we discussed in Berlin. I also have prototype implementation of
this in NSS and it's quite a bit cleaner than the previous negotiation
design. I think that others have found the same thing.

https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/559

IMPORTANT: This new negotiation syntax allows for two modes that were
not previously available with TLS 1.3: PSK and PSK-(EC)DHE with
server-side signatures. This construction should be safe with
resumption-PSK (this is why we introduced the resumption_ctx design),
but as noted in Antoine's recent message [0], this is not safe with
non-resumption PSK with the all-zeroes resumption context that we now
use with external PSKs. I have an action item to fix that, so just
keep that in the back of your head as you review this PR.

Comments welcome.

-Ekr

[0] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg20637.html