Martin Rex <m...@sap.com> wrote:
> The urban myth about the advantages of the RSA-PSS signature scheme
> over PKCS#1 v1.5 keep coming up.

PKCS#1 v1.5 is a partial-domain scheme, not a full-domain scheme. So,
RSA-PSS (without a salt, or with a fixed salt) might still have an
advantage over PKCS#1 v1.5 because it is a full-domain scheme.

> The advantages of the RSA-PSS signature scheme are limited to situations
> where the rightful owner of the private signing key is not supposed
> to have access to the bits of the private key (i.e. key kept in hardware).

RSA-PSS is the only (IETF) (proposed) standard for full-domain hashing
we have for RSA, AFAIK. This is why I think it might still make sense
to use it, in a deterministic fashion.

Cheers,
Brian
--