My argument was aimed at focusing on the real topic at hand, not at mixing this with "religious" beliefs as ditching ciphers without clear justification (no matter how ancient 3-DES may be [I was in elementary school then]).

I think it is unwise thinking too lightly about writing IETF drafts with "die-die-die" in the title, just because one feels like it, in an almost context-free manner. Or, is the idea to launch an entire series of die-die-die drafts, because one finds some excuse to do so? I cannot deny I also like shiny new things and we may all suffer from not-invented-here syndromes, but acknowledging this playing in the background of our perceptions should also give us some reason to pause and have some restraint here.

Rene