David,

If we're changing this structure of CertificateRequest, I have two
suggestions.

1) Move DistinguishedName out of the structure and define it as a TLS-style
extension. It's not a required field.
2) Remove SignatureScheme from structure, and instead change the behavior
of the the "signature_algorithms" extension to include all server-supported
SignatureSchemes in the ServerHello in descending order of preference.

This will result in a much more compact message structure that can easily
be re-purposed for post-handshake server auth and other optional extensions
to TLS 1.3:

     struct {
         opaque certificate_request_context<1..2^8-1>;
         CertificateRequestExtension certificate_extensions<0..2^16-1>;
     } CertificateRequest;

Nick