Hi all,

The consensus in the room was to leave it as is, i.e., TLS1.3, and
tonot rebrand it to TLS 2.0, TLS 2, or TLS 4. We need to confirm this
decision on the list so please let the list know your top choice between:

- Leave it TLS 1.3
- Rebrand TLS 2.0
- Rebrand TLS 2
- Rebrand TLS 4

Is there a reason why TLS 4.0 was not proposed?

I would indeed vote for TLS 4.0 (I believe minor versions are useful to keep; bumping the major version should occur only when there are disruptive changes). TLS 4.0 gives people a stronger signal that it is a "must-have" (compared to 1.3), and prevent people from being confused by SSL 2 and 3.

P.-S.:  I would also suggest to use the TLS 1.3 name for "TLS 1.2 LTS".

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce que j'aime chez vous, c'est que vous savez jusqu'où on va trop
  loin. » (Cocteau)