On 11/18/16 2:18 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> In the end, it's just a label.

Well, there are some semantics to it - I think a label
can be more than just a label.

It occurred to me that it's guaranteed that if it's
rebranded as TLS 4 we'll have people showing up with
internet drafts proposing TLS 2 and 3, much like we've
got occasional proposals for IPv5 (or other various
versions).  That said, I figure that's only a problem
to the extent that calories are burned in response to
these proposals, and what will matter is whether or
not it's likely to lead systems administrators and
those bringing up services to make bad configuration
and deployment decisions.

Melinda