So the key schedule changed and therefore we think cross-version attacks are impossible. Have we also analyzed other protocols to ensure that cross protocol attacks, e.g. with SSH or IPsec, are out of the question?

Put differently, algorithm designers gave us a cheap, easy to use tool to avoid a class of potential attacks. Why are we insisting on not using it?

Thanks,
        Yaron