https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/800

In Seoul we had rough consensus (or at least apathy) to leave the supported
versions
semantics alone but tighten up the language. The above PR does that.

One point I notice we didn't discuss is whether we should require the
server to check
that ClientHello.legacy_version == 0303. NSS (and I believe BoringSSL)
currently
ignore it which i believe is the best reading of -18 and is what is in this
PR.

I think if we're going to change this we should just make it an error to
have
supported_versions and legacy_version != 0303. My preference would be to
leave
as-is, however.

-Ekr