>The examples section says
>   A host that serves many subdomains with a single wildcard certificate
>   could set the SNI of all subdomains to the same fixed subdomain, in
>   order to prevent a passive adversary from learning which subdomain a
>   user is accessing.

> I think that's a worthwhile benefit that would help real users today.

And then the server trusts the Host header?  That probably works if the server
has a definitive list of the hosts it serves.  But do not that there can be
issues with "just trusting" the Host header.  For example, in a CDN you need to
make sure that you don't become an open proxy.

But I do think that this might be the most likely privacy benefit --
aggregation into a larger anonymity set -- and should be up earlier in the
document, or at least telegraphed :)