> With that goal in mind, wouldn't it help mitigate the threat if
the holder of the longer term credential (the cert subject) were
to include within the signature e.g. an IP address range within
which the delegated credential is allowed to be used?

We thought about this originally, but we discounted this because it breaks when
http and socks proxies are used. Looking at some data I had a non trivial
number of requests access our site using proxies. I'm not sure whether there's
a good method for a client to enforce ip address ranges when a proxy does the
dns resolution.

Subodh