On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Andrei Popov <andrei.po...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>    - Providers already work hard to maximize user affinity to a data
>    center for other operational reasons; re-routing is relatively rare and
>    quickly repaired by issuing a new ticket.
>
> Understood, but isn’t an attacker going to be able to re-route at will?

Yes, but I don't see the significance.  If the attacker reroutes the user,
or replays a ticket, to a different data center - the ticket won't work,
it'll degrade gracefully to a regular connection.  Of course the attacker
succeeded in slowing the user down, but that's possible anyway.

Maybe you're thinking of a strike register that shares a global namespace?
That would be an implementation error; tickets should be scoped to the
location they are issued from, and checked against its strike register (or
not used at all).

--
Colm