> On 5 Jun 2017, at 6:06, Bill Cox <waywardg...@google.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <bka...@akamai.com
> <mailto:bka...@akamai.com>> wrote:
>
> Do we have a good example of why a non-safe HTTP request in 0-RTT would lose
> specific properties required for security?  If so, that seems like a good
> thing to include in the TLS 1.3 spec as an example of what can go wrong.
>
> -Ben
>
> I like the example of a POST request saying "send Alice $10".  It is a
> request that sophisticated web services will avoid, yet many smaller and less
> security savvy sites will continue to support requests like this, so I think
> it is worth considering.

I once saw a router with an HTTPS administration UI that would respond as you’d
expect to:

GET mainpage.html?action=rebootDevice

Worse. The router was a firewall and this worked:

GET mainpage.html?action=disablePolicy

Yes.  GET. POST also worked, but for some reason the WebUI generated POSTs.

Of course, it was really secure because the GET was accompanied by a cookie,
but I guess the cookie would fit in the early data. Not sure if it would
survive a reboot, though.

Yoav