On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 05:10:39PM +0000, Andrei Popov wrote:
>   *   My fear is that, even with RFC 2119 terminology, 0RTT will likely be
> the cause of many problems in the future
>   *   and that being extra careful here is important… :)
>
> I agree with this assessment. A MUST would certainly work for me. There are
> two reasons I suggested SHOULD:
>
>   1.  A MUST would be non-enforceable (a TLS client or server can’t enforce
> the use of a particular API by the peer).

I would say what the endpoint _itself_ does is more relevant than what
the _peer_ does. I gave some examples of things going badly wrong if
the application does not opt-in, especially at client side.

And on server side, the requirement to only accept "safe" things for
0-RTT can't be done without opt-in.

>   2.  There’s lack of consensus on the topic of 0RTT and I’m trying to
> suggest a compromise😊.

Not in all aspects of it.

-Ilari