0xFFFF is just the syntax for the maximum value in the enum.

The intent was to match the HashAlgorithm registry which makes 0xFE and
0xFF the private use values, so I would say the enum is correct and the
IANA considerations text is wrong. This ensures we don't collide with any
existing TLS 1.2 private use allocations.