On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Fossati, Thomas (Nokia -
GB/Cambridge, UK) <thomas.foss...@nokia.com> wrote:
> Do you think this is likely to cause havoc?  Or, in your experience,
> middle-boxes tend to not interfere after the TLS channel is up?

I expect so. There was a move, early in TLS 1.3, to drop the
superfluous version in the record header. I think that was reverted
for the same reason, although I don't recall exactly what data that
was based on.

(I'm also assuming that this is much more useful for DTLS than TLS
since you know that each packet will have a record header in it. With
TLS, the kernel might keep retransmitting some part of the
half-connection's data that doesn't include the connection id at all.)

Cheers

AGL

--
Adam Langley a...@imperialviolet.org https://www.imperialviolet.org