Hi all -- as editor of 1609.2 (and a contributor to 103 097) I'd like to
recommend that the WG moves forward with consideration of this draft. There
are a number of initiatives in the connected vehicle space that need TLS
with 1609.2 certificates, and in particular ISO 21177, which is currently
in ballot, assumes that TLS-with-1609.2 will be available shortly.

I have some comments on the detail of the draft which I'll share with the
editorial team, but regardless of how those comments are resolved I think
this is an important document and we should try to process it quickly.

Cheers,

William

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 10:09 AM, Mounira Msahli <
mounira.msa...@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> The draft: TLS 1.3 Authentication using IEEE 1609.2/ETSI TS 103097
> certificates is updated in accordance with TLS 1.3:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tls-certieee1609-01
>
> This document describes the use of certificates specified by the Institute
> of Electrical and Electronics Engineers IEEE1609.2 and the European
> Telecommunications Standards
>
> Institute ETSI TS 103097. These standards are defined in order to secure
> communications in vehicular environments.
>
> This extension is very useful and has become a pressing need for
> (Vehicle-To-Internet(V2Internet), Vehicle-To-Cloud(V2Cloud),...).
>
> We are soliciting feedback from the WG on the draft.
>

> Kind Regards
> Mounira

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS WITH MY NEW ADDRESS:
wwh...@onboardsecurity.com