Hiya,

On 30/07/2020 00:56, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> What text in TLS do you believe terminating proxies (in either direction)
> do not conform to?

I gtend to start with the abstract: "TLS allows
client/server applications to communicate over the
Internet in a way that is designed to prevent
eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery."

I think that text has remained through various
iterations.

More importantly, the analyses done for tls1.3
afaik do not consider such 3rd parties except as
an attacker.

I'm by no means denying the fact that MITM boxen
are deployed, but the idea that some of them are
"conformant" and some are not seems bogus.

S.