I’m pretty sure your reasoning is wrong. In the ideal world, if *everybody*
enabled ESNI - then *maybe* the GFW would relent.

The way things are - is not smart pretending reality is not what it is.

Using your terminology - better blend with the crowd, because you aren’t likely
to live long enough to see the crowd change to match you.

There are a lot of technical details why the whole crowd won’t change
regardless of your wishes - e.g., who controls TLS implementations in various
devices - but I won’t go there.

Regards,
Uri