Hi Martin,

> Or maybe just running the HPKE KDF with a fixed input.

Do you mean something like this? Let `config_digest = KDF.extract("some
salt", "some label", config)`, where `config` is the ECH configuration?

Unless I've missed something critical, you don't need any sort of preimage
> resistance for this, it's only for identification purposes.

The manner in which `config_digest` is computed could be significant to
"don't stick out", depending on how you define this property. For example,
one requirement for the hash function might be that it is one-way.

Chris P.