> The strawman in my DISCUSS was that bursts of <= 2 packets could
> be more aggressive; that's a negotiable number, and the de jure
> TCP 4*MSS initial window, for example, is one I can easily be
> persuaded of.

Well.

On the standards track you're correct (RFC 3390 & 5681).

However, RFC 6928 says the initial window can be 10---which is where
I assumed the number in the email thread came from---as
experimental.

You can count me as someone who doesn't think there is much
distinction between standards track and experimental in this case
except that it makes some people feel better to call it
"experimental".  I don't have great current numbers, but 10 is in
pretty wide use, I believe.  So, a limit of 10 segments here seems
fine (and from my understanding of what ekr said would be consistent
with current DTLS experience).

allman