On Tuesday, 20 July 2021 16:18:38 CEST, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Hubert Kario <hka...@redhat.com> writes:

I suggest you go back to the RFCs and check exactly what is needed for proper handling of RSA-PSS Subject Public Key type in X.509. Specifically when the
"parameters" field is present.

Looking at the code I'm using, it's four lines of extra code for PSS when
reading sigs and four lines extra when writing (OK, technically seven if you
include the "if" statement and curly braces lines).

And that code will reject a SHA-512 signature if it was made by a certificate
with hash algorithm of SHA-256?
What about MGF? Salt length?

Will it reject PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures made with such a key?

It's one thing to be able to read a certificate with those parameters,
it's completely different to actually implement the standard.
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario