Daniel,

Thanks for following up on this (I meant to and dropped the ball). Triminng to
the remaining issue.

spt

> </mglt>

> <mglt>
> I think I have lost a bit where we are, but I tend to agree that
> clarification of 5246 would be clearer here. That is mentioning the text that
> needs to be removed / changed.
> </mglt>
> <mglt>
> I do not see 07 mentioning the text to be removed - that is now dead text. I
> think that would be clarifying.
> </mglt>

To recap:

You are suggesting that we add the following in s6 before the existing OLD/NEW,
i.e., right after  "due to MD5 and SHA-1 being deprecated.":

In Section 7.1.4.1: the following text is removed:

  If the client supports only the default hash and signature algorithms
  (listed in this section), it MAY omit the signature_algorithms
  extension.

Since it’s a MAY, I am a-okay with deleting. Anybody else see harm?