On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 8:04 PM Peter Gutmann <pgut...@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
wrote:

> Rob Sayre <say...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >The WG is not obligated to support TLS 1.2.
>
> Is that an official WG position, that the TLS WG has abandoned TLS 1.2?
> If it
> is, can I have change control over it, because if the WG doesn't want to
> support it, someone will have to.
>
> (I'm not fussed either way, but would like to see things resolved rather
> than
> just being left in limbo).

The charter says "Changes or additions to older versions of (D)TLS whether
via extensions or ciphersuites are discouraged and require significant
justification to be taken on as work items."

I would personally take that to mean "we should fix really bad bugs", but
nothing more. Others may disagree.

I do not think this WG should function as a "permission to use TLS 1.2"
group, because TLS 1.2 shouldn't be used.

ymmv,
Rob