Thank you Nick for your reply and for the changes.

Hope that this helped to improve the document,

Regards

-éric

From: Nick Sullivan <n...@cloudflare.com>
Date: Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 12:47
To: Eric Vyncke <evyn...@cisco.com>
Cc: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-tls-subce...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-tls-subce...@ietf.org>, tls-chairs <tls-cha...@ietf.org>,
"<tls@ietf.org>" <tls@ietf.org>, Joseph Salowey <j...@salowey.net>, Sean Turner
<s...@sn3rd.com>
Subject: Re: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-14: (with
COMMENT)

Hi Éric,

Thank you for your review. Responses inline and edits in Github
(https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/108/files).

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, review of # Éric Vyncke, INT AD, review of
draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-14

Thank you for the work put into this document. It solves a common and important
issue while keeping backward compatibility.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Joe Salowey for the shepherd's write-up including the WG
consensus and the intended status.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

## COMMENTS

### Section 1

```
   Furthermore, this mechanism allows the server to use modern signature
   algorithms such as Ed25519 [RFC8032] even if their CA does not
   support them.
```
Does it also mean that the signature algorithm could be weaker ?

In theory, TLS 1.3 (and by extension DCs) do not support weak signature schemes.

I found the use of `(D)TLS termination services`, `(D)TLS server`, `(D)TLS
peer` a little confusing on whether they represent the same entity.

I added some text in the introduction to clarify.

### Section 3.2

The small graphic in the text is really useful but:

* should include a figure legend
* the bottom part would be welcome in the introduction

Added

## Section 4.2

Thanks to Sean Turner for providing the explanation about the use of Cloudflare
OID into an IETF standard.

## Section 5.1

Unsure whether having such a short subsection is useful (albeit being harmless)
especially when there is only one subsection.

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments