Richard, yes, you git it right.

From: Richard Barnes <r...@ipv.sx>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 4:32 PM
To: Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL <u...@ll.mit.edu>
Cc: tls@ietf.org <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TLS] Resurrect AuthKEM?
Hi Uri,

Just to be clear, the AuthKEM draft you mean is this one?

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-celi-wiggers-tls-authkem/

Assuming that's the case, in case anyone else is confused (as I was), the
"AuthKEM" here does not refer to a KEM implementing the AuthEncap/AuthDecap
interface from RFC 9180.  Instead it refers to the construction in that
document, which uses a normal KEM.

--Richard

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 2:34 PM Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL