Hi,

I think RFC8447bis need to say something about at least DTLS 1.3 Record Number
Encryption

The two AEGIS algorithms recently got code points and DTLS-OK = Y even if there
was no specification on how to do DTLS 1.3 Record Number Encryption
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-aegis-aead/
https://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xhtml

Both DTLS 1.3 Record Number Encryption and QUIC Header Protection will be added
in the next version of the AEGIS draft. It is already merged to main.
https://github.com/jedisct1/draft-aegis-aead

Given that TLS WG is discussing deprecating (D)TLS 1.2 I don’t think you should
get DTLS-OK = Y unless you specify how to do DTLS 1.3 Record Number Encryption.

At a minimum I think people should be reminded to specify QUIC and DTLS 1.3
Header Protection. I also think it need to be clear that you don’t get DTLS-OK
= Y unless you specify how to do DTLS 1.3 Record Number Encryption.

My preference would be a new column “Protocols” specifying which protocols the
cipher suite can be used in. After the update the value for the AEGIS
algorithms in that column would be “TLS 1.3, DTLS 1.3, QUIC”

Cheers,
John