On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 12:42 PM David Benjamin <david...@chromium.org>
wrote:

> It’s true that this would require code changes in more components. But
> TLS, ACME, etc., are deployed many more times than they are implemented.

... [snip] ...

> To ACME specifically, we definitely don’t want it to be painful for ACME
> clients to implement! It’s probably a bit hard to discuss that in the
> abstract, with our ACME section being just a placeholder. Perhaps, when
> we’ve gotten an initial draft of that, we can figure out which bits we got
> wrong and iterate on that?

Fwiw, I don't think expertise in PKI is really a concern here. I know more
than most people about this problem, but less than everyone else in this
thread. I don't even maintain this stuff myself, I just happen to use
Google for "Managed Certificates" and never think about it...

thanks,
Rob