> If the client is happy with either X25519 alone or X25519Kyber768, why not
> send shares for both in the first ClientHello?

This is what Chrome does, and what we do if the user opts for "preferred"
mode. [1]

Would be good if draft-tls-westerbaan-xyber768d00 either mentions this as a
> blessed implementation choice, or conversely disrecommends it and explains
> why.

Ah, you mean using the same X25519 key in both the X25519 and Xyber
keyshare? We do not use that optimisation, but I do not see anything wrong
with it from a protocol perspective. I would not want to encourage it, as
it complicates code to generate keyshares as it crosses abstraction layers.

Best,

 Bas

[1] The issue is, as I described in my previous e-mail, that a small
fraction of origins breaks on a large ClientHello. Whether we send X25519
along with X25519Kyber768 in the CH doesn't make a difference. It does
prevent issues with origins that have broken HRR, and do not support Kyber.