On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 5:52 PM Andrei Popov <andrei.po...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>    - But how are you going to detect whether there's a crappy TCP/IP
>    stack or an attack? You can't.
>
> Understood. This is a general problem with insecure client-side fallbacks.

Sure, but I think the aim is to say that the server does support Kyber (or
something else as large), because there will be a period where the reason
for a failure will be unclear. So, do you see how the DNS signal works
around that? I think the idea is that if the DNS record says the server
supports Kyber (or whatever), the client might not want to allow X25519.

There's just going to be a lot of broken stuff for a while, even if the
actual server does support a PQ algorithm.

thanks,
Rob