For signatures or keys in something like a certificate, I understand how you
would want to have both the PQ and classical keys/sigs in the same structure,
so satisfy those who want the classical algorithm and those who prefer the
post-quantum.

For key exchange? For the most part a negotiation is good enough, no?  To
justify a hybrid key exchange you need people who are both worried about
quantum computers and worried about cryptanalysis or the new algorithms, but
are willing to bet that those things won’t happen at the same time. Or at
least, within the time where the generated key still matters.

I’m sure it’s not an empty set of people, but is it sizable?