On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 10:49:42AM -0500, Russ Housley wrote:

> People are implementing RFC 8773, so I would like to advance this to
> the standards track.  In addition, this fixes the only errata that was
> posted against RFC 8773.

I am somewhat confused by an apparent conflict between:

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-8773bis-00#section-3.2

which speaks of external PSK in the context of resumption, versus:

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-8773bis-00#section-5.1

    The "pre_shared_key" extension is defined in Section 4.2.11 of
    [RFC8446]. The syntax is repeated below for convenience. All of the
    listed PSKs MUST be external PSKs. If a resumption PSK is listed
    along with the "tls_cert_with_extern_psk" extension, the server MUST
    abort the handshake with an "illegal_parameter" alert.

Are external PSKs applicable with resumption, or not???

--
    Viktor.