> On May 22, 2024, at 10:09, Sean Turner <s...@sn3rd.com> wrote:
>
> Hi! If you recall we paused progressing -rrc [1] while we awaited
> implementations.  Well, we now have that; we have one server and two clients
> (all DTLS 1.2) [2]. However, we now also have the formal analysis triage
> panel so we need to run the I-D through them.  Once we run the I-D through
> that process we will revisit progressing the I-D.  I [have noted / will note]
> in the datatracker that the document is awaiting external review.
>
> Cheers,
> spt
>
> [1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-rrc/
> [2] https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-rrc/issues/72

I should have added that we are sending this I-D to the formal analysis triage
team because this I-D might be changing security assumptions in DTLS 1.3 or
extending it and generally we want those sort of changes to TLS 1.3 evaluated.
You’ll note we are not suggesting passing the Legacy RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5
codepoints for TLS 1.3 I-D to them.

Cheers,
spt