Usama:

During WG Last Call, several people asked for formal analysis,  I reached out
to one researcher to see if thet formal analysis could be provided in response.
 I was told the additions were too simple to get a published paper.  So,
nothing happened.

This response says that formal analysis is needed to advance rfc8773bis to the
Standards Track.  Other documents in other working groups are using RFC 8773,
They are proceeding with a downward reference (that needs to be called out when
they reach IETF Last Call).  This means that people are implementing RFC 8773.

I'll gladly work with you or anyone else on the formal analysis.

Russ