EKR:

I agree with most of your points about the process, but I want to respond to
this paragraph in particular.

> Similarly here, if the WG feels that a change is sufficiently large to
> require formal analysis then the WG -- and more specifically those who
> want the work to move forward -- need to figure out how to get that
> analysis done, though of course the triage panel or the broader
> community might help facilitate if there is enough demand or interest
> in the work.

There was no consensus call by the WG Chairs.  During WG Last Call, a few
people asked for formal analysis, but others felt that the informal analysis in
the document was good enough.

I realize that we are quite purposefully embracing formal analysis.  It is a
good thing.  The number of people that have experience with the tools is very
small.  If this is going to be successful enough to expand to other protocols,
then we need to find ways to expand the size of this group.

Russ