>On the other hand, I was at a recent conference, and asked an NSA
>representative (William Layton, >Cryptographic Solutions Technical Director)
>about “hybrid crypto”, and he responded that the NSA >was “ambivalent” (his
>word); that they’d prefer straight ML-KEM/ML-DSA, but if the industry insisted
>>on hybrid crypto, they’d go along.

That is my understanding as well, but they seem to take a hard stand on
non-FIPS-validated algorithms. My understanding is that a non-FIPS-validated
standalone ML-KEM-1024 would not be CNSA 1.0 and not CNSA 2.0 compliant. A
FIPS-validated P-384 + non-FIPS-validated ML-KEM-1024 would to my understanding
be CNSA 1.0 compliant. My feeling is that a FIPS-validated P-384 +
non-FIPS-validated ML-KEM-1024 would be preferred over continuing with
standalone P-384 for several years, but I think only NSA can answer this.

Cheers,
John