Hi Stephen,

We added some text to the most recent draft that addresses some of the PKI
dynamics that seem to underly the discussion.
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=draft-davidben-tls-trust-expr-02&url2=draft-davidben-tls-trust-expr-03&difftype=--html

We've also been gradually updating the "explainer" with some discussion
that didn't seem to fit in the draft, and will be updating it with some
further discussion on alternatives and different scenarios when we've
written all that up.
https://github.com/davidben/tls-trust-expressions/blob/main/explainer.md

And, of course, we're always interested in considering feedback and
changes, where they make sense. As with any other protocol work, I'm sure
the final mechanism will evolve significantly over time as the discussion
shifts to different parts of it.

David